This is my favorite magazine cover unveiling of the year and even when it disappoints (as it invariably does) I still cannot wait to pick up this copy of Vanity Fair. My first Hollywood issue was back in 2006 when Tom Ford appeared on the cover with Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley so this makes the eleventh year being in love with this issue. That is almost as long as I have been with my now husband.This year focuses on the women of the moment and I am all for this choice as the categories featuring actresses during this award season have been heavily stacked. This cover doesn’t even include all of my favorites, but that is always going to be the way. Click on the image for a closer look.And I have some quick thoughts:
- I would’ve put Ruth Negga before the fold
- This is a fun mash up of the usual THR styling go to for drama actresses mixing pastels with sparkles and I am very much here for the over the top styling of some of these dresses
- Ruth Negga in gold is hard to beat
- It is lovely seeing the Fanning sisters together and I am surprised by how much I like Dakota’s tulle heavy gown
- Poor Amy regarding the non-nom
- Only Janelle Monáe could wear that much sheer and I still like it
- Greta’s working her Angelina pose sitting down and I am here for it
- Lupita Nyong’o and Emma Stone win most casual cool in their poses
- Although Amy Adams is doing my tried and tested hiding her cigarette behind her back stance I used to do when a camera popped up years ago. The giveaway would be the plume of smoke rising from behind your head. Ruth Negga is also giving a similar pose vibe
- And finally Ruth Negga should be before the fold
Janelle in a ladysuit was always going to be the winner.
And runners up include:
More menswear inspiration and a red lip color I need in my life; Emma Stone looks fantastic here and also like she might solve a crime.Sparkles from Aja Naomi King and while I like this dress better than her cover one, the pink definitely makes her stand out.Always drawing hearts around Greta.